Monday 25 March 2013

Trip to Milton Keynes



I do like to run twice a day if one of those runs is on the track. An easy run of a few miles helps recover from, (if the track session is AM), or prepare for, (if the track session is PM), the high intensity of track running. The additional mileage accumulated is also of benefit and is an important factor in the distance runner's training schedule.


However, I was provided little opportunity to follow Tuesday's early morning interval session with an evening run. After work I made the short trip from Luton to Milton Keynes to collect coach wife and Naomi from the train station and later that evening became re-united with the usual weekday evening routine. They had both spent a few days away visiting family and, whilst I waited for their arrival on platform 4 at Milton Keynes, I pondered what Naomi’s reaction would be having not seen or spoken to her daddy for 4 days. "Moon" she said, pointing right past me and towards the sky as I helped Coach wife lift the buggy off the carriage. "Look mummy, the moon". Perhaps if she grows up to be an astronomer I won't hold her interest in the moon over her own dad that evening against her!

As for Thursday, I give no excuse other than tiredness. The weather wasn't exactly enticing that evening and it would have taken a lot of bribery to get me outside. I also reminded myself that, whilst this is only my 6th consecutive week of training, it is the most running I have done for 12 months and, on the eve of the track season, I don't want to invite illness for the sake of a 30 minute jog.
 
Week Commencing 18th March 2013.

A 'recovery' week on the traditional S&C work so good opportunity to introduce some more plyometrics on Friday. I have also measured the 'mile' reps I frequently run and admit the distance being closer to 0.9 than 1 mile!
 
Monday: AM - S&C; PM - 45' easy running
S&C:
Ankle Hops 3 x 8
Depth Drop 2 x 8
Straight Leg Dead lift 3 x 5 (80kg) combined with Drop Jumps 3 x 8
Front Squat 3 x 5 (60kg) combined with Box Jumps 4 x 5
Low hurdle hops 3 x 8
Press Up (with resistance band) 3 x 8
Bent Over Row (45kg) 3 x 5

Tuesday: AM - 5 x 800m & 400m (2' & 1' recovery) (800's circa 2'39; 400's circa 75'')
Wednesday: AM - S&C; PM - 53' easy
S&C:
Front Squat 3 x 5 (60kg)
Single SL Dead Lift 3 x 5 (60kg)
Bent Over Row 3 x 5 (45kg)
Press Up (with resistance band) 3 x 5
Candlestick 2 x 3

Thursday: AM - 6 x 300m (3' recovery) (reps #1-5 circa 50''; rep #6 46'')
Friday: AM - S&C
S&C:
Power Skip 3 x 8
Straight Leg Dead lift 3 x 5 (80kg) combined with bounding 3 x 8
Single-leg bounding 3 x 8
Front Squats 3 x 5 (60kg) combined with High Hurdle Hops 4 x 5
Broad Jumps 4 x 5

Saturday: 4 x 0.91miles (2' recovery) (5'10''; 4'57''; 5'02''; 4'58'')
Sunday: 55' easy



No comments:

Post a Comment